Who can deposit?
Members of the Stanford community:
What can I deposit?
Material of scholarly value:
- Research data in any format, including data for publications
- Articles, working paper, pre-prints, technical reports, etc
- Student works, such as honors theses and course research projects
- Artistic works
- Conference materials, like slides and posters
- Archival documents, recordings, oral histories, etc.
Why should I deposit?
Features of SDR:
- Shareable, persistent link for citing your work
- Findable in SearchWorks, the library catalog, which is crawled by Google
- Easily shareable via social media and embeddable in other websites
- Available to the world or just Stanford -- you decide!
- Embargos available up to 3 years
- Your choice of licenses
- Digital preservation by Stanford Libraries
- DOIs also available
When should I deposit?
Deposit your works:
- When they are complete and ready to share
- To accompany an article at the time of the article's publication
- To fulfill the sharing requirements of a grant
- Before you or your colleagues move on from Stanford
The SDR is not designed as working space or backup storage.